TS/SCI Cleared System/ Database Administrators
- Location: Washington, DC
- Area code: 202
- Tax Term: Full Time
- Pay rate: Negotiable
AEEC is currently seeking two TS/SCI Cleared Sr. System/Database Administrators to support our Federal contract in Washington, DC. The Modernized Integrated Database (MIDB) is the primary repository for data production and dissemination of military intelligence involving worldwide orders of battle, facilities, command and control networks, targeting, battle damage assessments, futures, and other related information required for strategic assessment and national policy decision-making. In this role, you will perform Linux System Administration for medium to large server networks.
Specific tasks for this role include:
- System Administration, including building, configuring, installing, and maintaining Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers
- Configuring and maintaining RHEL virtual servers
- Installing, configuring, and monitoring the MIDB software
- Installing, configuring, administering, and maintaining the Sybase ASE database and the Wildfly application server COTS to operate at an optimal level.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the current MIDB replication threads,
- Troubleshoot replication data flow and database server issues
- Assist the MIDB sites with replication installations
- Maintain the MIDB data quality and releasability.
Citizenship: US citizenship is required by our Federal customer. All applicants must have an active Top Secret Clearance SCI clearance and be eligible for a CI polygraph.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496). If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact our HR Department at email@example.com or 703-766-4300.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Back to Careers
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM or related area
- In-depth Knowledge of Linux/UNIX systems
- 6+ years of experience with installing and administering databases like Sybase ASE, Oracle, and Postgres (8+ years for SME level role)
- Experience with installing application software in an operational environment
- Active TS/SCI
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification.
- Experience with MIDB and the MIDB system Architecture
- Certified Sybase Replication Server Administrator
- Certified Sybase ASE Administrator
- CentOS System Administration
- Wildfly/JBoss Administration
- Experience with Sybase Replication Server