Top Secret Cleared Facility Security Officer/Technical Writer
- Location: Reston, VA
- Area code: 703
- Tax Term: Full Time
- Pay rate: Negotiable
AEEC is seeking a Top Secret Cleared Facility Security Officer (FSO)/Technical Writer to work in our headquarters office in Reston, VA. This is a long term position for which we are seeking a full time employee.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating a secure environment for employees, vendors, and company visitors. You’ll also be responsible for working with the Business Development team to write proposal responses.
FSO responsibilities (approximately 5 hours per week):
You’ll log personnel and entry records, as well as coordinate with upper management on security protocols and legal requirements, and analyze identification forms. In addition, you will prepare and review authorization requests for access to sensitive data, conduct employee investigations, provide security clearance, and provide assistance in training sessions for new security programs. You’ll manage classified materials, and develop and implement effective security plans as well as other documentation. You’ll act as a liaison for government agencies and provide security information to new hire.
Day to day activities may include:
- Create and update security plans, procedures, and instructions.
- Maintain working relationships with government agencies.
- Participate in the development and execution of security education programs.
- Supervise daily security activities and enforce government and company security policies.
- Perform access control responsibilities including managing badges, access cards and visit requests.
Technical Writing responsibilities (35+ hours per week):
You will be responsible for developing high-quality technical proposal write-ups for AEEC’s Strategic Capture Team working under the Vice President of Strategic Capture. You’ll lead and manage the proposal development process; schedule and ensure that the proposal is compliant, compelling, and persuasive in accordance with the solicitation and all referenced documents.
This position has overall responsibility for coordinating the development of management, technical, or cost volumes of Federal RFPs, including the development of content for oral presentations and a variety of proposal artifacts as required. The Technical Writer will ensure that each section of the Proposal is fully compliant, and that the volume incorporates overall response win themes and adheres to established stylistic conventions.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Analyze the technical requirements of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotes (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and Sources Sought Notices (SSNs).
- Conceptualize, write, and review compelling documents while maintaining compliance with technical requirements, including past performance documentation, capabilities descriptions, and management and project plans
- Conceptualize at a high level; review and integrate visually appealing, informative technical graphics and illustrations
- Interview subject-matter experts to understand the processes, technologies, business needs, and other contextual details of a subject-matter domain and to elicit the appropriate technical information to compose high-quality technical write-ups
- Evaluate technical sections – text, layout, graphics, etc. – for storytelling quality, consistency, coherence, clarity, and compliance with technical requirements and for alignment with solutions and themes
Citizenship and background investigation: US citizenship is required. Applicant must have an Active Top Secret clearance.
To apply to this position, please click here to apply through ADP.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact our HR Department at email@example.com or 703-766-4300.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Back to Careers
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years of related experience.
- Must be current with NISP required training and certifications.
- Candidates MUST be willing to write the proposal responses, not just direct SMEs to do so.
- Experience with SharePoint
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFARS and other Government Procurement regulations as they pertain to the RFP process.
- Ability to think strategically and be detail oriented
- The ability to articulate verbally and in writing highly complex technical solutions in understandable terms, proposals, schedules and project plans
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project to create, edit and produce documents and supporting artifacts
- Able to work on multiple proposals and tasks in parallel.
- Outstanding organization and planning skills.
- Skilled in self-management, balancing competing priorities, and working against multiple deadlines.
- Strong project management skills - planning, execution, issue resolution, and control.
- Formal training in structured proposal development a plus
- Graphic design experience is a plus