- Requirements, Analysis, Architecture, Design and implementing solutions (60%)
- Troubleshooting and resolution (20%)
- Research, studies, and evaluations to improve the infrastructure (10%)
- Documentation and process/procedures (10%)
AEEC is currently seeking a Technical Lead to support our prime Federal contract in Alexandria, VA. The USPTO has seen its Patents and Trademark applications increase 50% since 2006 – with over a million patent and trademark applications submitted in 2017. As demand and complexity continue to increase, the USPTO must have a mature and modern technological foundations to support the mission of the agency.
The individual in this position will provide USPTO Technical leadership and hands-on Agile/DevSecOps skills in the resolution of complex
technical issues with development, vendors and infrastructure support.
In addition, this work involves the identification and refinement of project and/or product requirements and the translation of these requirements into functional and non-functional technical requirements, technical architecture, designs, services and prototypes that result in the development and deployment of sound IT solutions.
Technical Leads also assist and document technical goals, strategy and conduct deep-dive technical capability studies to mitigate unknowns in a complex interconnected project or system.
Technical Leads will interact with all levels of management, business owners, technologists, developers, operations, other technical leads and contractors and provide hands-on skills in the resolution of complex technical issues with developers/vendors/infrastructure providers
Technical Leads will perform as a lead change agent for diverse technical teams. They will prepare and present to USPTO stakeholders, as needed, various designs, plans, technical solutions, etc. developed under this or any predecessor Technical Lead support services contracts.
Technical Leads will provide guidance and documentation to USPTO for all aspects necessary to deliver a project design or technical recommendation including planning, architecture, design, DevSecOps development, legacy migration, configuration management, build environments, testing, security, delivery and operations.
Technical Leads shall complete/update all required Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) documentation per the SDLC documentation templates (if required) or any documentation required to support both AGILE and non-Agile processes. All documentation shall be Section 508 compliant
Technical Leads shall identify and mitigate technical unknowns through hands-on deep-dives across all layers of the target systems.
Technical Leads shall develop expertise through hands-on effort and assist in the development of the overall technical eco-system of existing interfaces, new web services and service oriented technical architecture.
Technical Leads shall evaluate and set the technical framework for removing existing dependencies and direct database hooks so that new modern
infrastructures can phase in over time without affecting overall performance or capabilities.
Technical Leads shall develop Technical Architecture and design documentation including tools and processes. They shall develop workflow documentation for all project related applications, gather a summary of the major hardware, operating environments, and data stores, where applicable. Create a synopsis of operating system(s), languages, database, or file structure type. Create a summary of target Services-Oriented Architecture (SOA) technical architecture description and roadmap.
Technical Leads shall leverage Amazon Web Services (AWS) expertise to provide advice and validation of the architecture’s performance and efficiency
Technical Leads shall provide guidance in setting up environments in the AWS Cloud provided by USPTO.
Technical Leads shall assist in the formulation of an Automated Deployment Process that includes but is not limited to – AWS CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail logging, Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) Access and Simple Storage Service.
To apply to this position, please click here to apply through ADP.
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required for this role; however our customer has a residency requirement for all non-US Citizens that states,“All non-US Citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 3 years, consecutively in order to pass the necessary background investigation.” All applicants will be subject to a background investigation and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle orfeel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is an award winning CMMI Level 3 and ISO accredited professional services organization with a proven track record of providingtechnology and engineering solutions to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides leading edge of innovative technology solutions to solve customer’s complex business problems. We build long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC has been featured in a Harvard Business School Case Study on the topic of innovation.
AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT andEngineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment,dental and vision insurance coverage, Flex Spending, 401K, and a 529 college savings plan). Medical, vision, and dental benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are anindividual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AEEC invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by contacting Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300.
Back to Careers
- Service-oriented Architecture (SOA) principles, guidelines and technologies such as Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Representational State Transfer (RESTful). REST services development frameworks and Swagger.
- Enterprise Technical architecture, Distributed computing, including client-server, N-tier (Java EE and Web-based)
- Java 8+ and newer language features
- Java Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE/JEE), its frameworks, design patterns, architecture patterns
- JavaServer Pages (JSP), Hypertext markup language (HTML), HTLM5, Extensible Markup Language (XML), Extensible Stylesheet Language transformations (XSLT), XML Parsers and JSON.
- Web 2.0 enhanced user interfaces. USPTO Patent user interface frameworks – jQuery, jQuery UI, Angular JS, RequireJS, SlickGrid, D3, jQuery Layout Plugin, Modernizr 508 compliant User Interface development
- Spring Framework experience to develop Microservices and/or REST API. Spring Boot framework. Eclipse and Maven.
- Agile Scrum and DevSecOps frameworks
- Oracle (Database design and Modeling) Structured query language (SQL) database (DB), Stored Procedures (Subroutine), one or more ORM Frameworks such as Hibernate an Mybatis
- Web/Application servers (Apache, Tomcat, Jboss, WildFly)
- Operating systems UNIX (HP, AIX, Linux), Windows
- Messaging (MQSeries, JMS, TIBCO)
- Automated systems performance, load, stress, data interface, code coverage, and security evaluation tools
- Development Unit (Junit 5) and Performance Testing frameworks (JMeter)
- Continuous Integration Configuration Management (CICM) Platform including subversion, Nexus, Jenkins Pipelines, Groovy, SonarQube and Rally
- Amazon Web Services/Virtualized/Cloud-Based environments (EC2, RDS, S3, VPC)
- Search Technologies - Hadoop, Spark, Apache Solr, Zookeeper, Elasticsearch, MySQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB etc
- Open Source technologies.