- Location: Reston, VA
- Area code: 703
- Tax Term: Full Time
- Pay rate: Negotiable
AEEC is currently seeking a Senior Solutions Architect in Reston, VA.
The selected candidate will support the Proposal/Business Development team in our headquarters office in Reston. The majority of the time for this role will be spent architecting/developing technical solutions for RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs and then writing the architecture responses. The selected candidate may also build prototypes, conduct demos, or create use cases in our Innovation Lab.
In addition, the selected candidate will:
- Provide specialized architecture expertise
- Define and refine the architecture, designs, and plans for the delivery of systems and services in response to proposals
- Write technical responses to proposals exhibiting a breadth of experience in multiple different technologies.
Citizenship and clearance: US citizenship is required for this position, as AEEC intends to process the individual for a government security clearance. All applicants will be required to submit a background investigation application prior to beginning work.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply to this position, please send a copy of your resume referencing this job title to recruiting@
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact our HR Department at email@example.com or 703-766-4300.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Back to Careers
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience and demonstrated technical capability for a production enterprise environment in the following:
- Leading the architecture, design, and development of complex systems
- Leading the architecture, design, and development of applications and data storage for complex systems
- Development methodologies, use of open source and COTS analysis, and selection
- Bridging the business aspects and the technical aspects of delivering complex systems
- Enterprise Architecture
- JavaEE (J2EE), Java
- Unix (HP, AIX, Linux)
- WebServers and tiered architectures
- Redundant / robust systems
- Virtualized / cloud-based environments including both internal and external solutions, PaaS, IaaS, SaaS
- Technical Writing expertise
- Automated systems performance, load, stress, data interface, code coverage, and security evaluation tools
- Web 2.0 enhanced user interfaces
- SQL database implementations including MySQL, Oracle, DOA, Stored Procedures, ORM
- NoSQL REST/SOAP Web Services
- XML Technologies
- Configuration Management/ Source Control/ Build Automation