Senior Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) Subject Matter Expert (SME)
AEEC is seeking a Senior Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support our federal client in Alexandria, VA. Our team is growing and we are looking for additional team members to build a solution for our customers together with our highly multi-disciplinary team of architects, engineers, and subject domain experts.
In this role the candidate will work with our data protection and privacy architects in assisting our clients with the design and implementation of holistic and targeted solutions needed to meet and exceed the requirements of best practice, ethical operations, and regulation.
- Knowledge, experience, and expertise with the following technologies:
- Secure Access Service Edge (SASE)
- Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
- Secure Web Gateway (SWG)
- Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA)
- Ability to assist clients in designing, deploying and managing technology and process solutions to reduce the potential of data compromise
- Ability to assist clients with developing technical requirements, evaluating vendor solutions, developing architecture & design, and testing of data protection and data security solutions
- Ability to advise clients in understanding the future state problems and challenges in cyber security and work collaboratively with them to enhance capabilities
- Thought leadership capabilities in client organizations
- Technical subject matter specialist
- Up to date on industry trends around cyber risk and data protection practices
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing technology and process solutions to reduce the potential risk of data compromise
- Understanding of the entire ecosystem of data protection including well-rounded understanding of the information security domains and their inter-relations across that ecosystem
- 3+ years of demonstrated ability to translate business, risk and regulatory requirements into data protection solutions, and to effectively communicate those solutions to business leaders and executives
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology or related field or significant industry work experience
- Self-starter and be able to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic, and agile team environment
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
- Work with various product teams (Application, Network, Security Architects, etc.) to gather requirements and build a zero-trust framework/architecture
- Identify and secure legacy and next gen/cloud-based systems and architectures
- Provide guidance and develop prototype working in conjunction with governance and compliance teams
- Suggest and develop solutions which leverage existing and next gen identity and access management solutions (authn and authz) to support the zero-trust architecture
- Identify and suggest new policies to identify and mitigate threats
- Work with teams to identify and segment network and data to meet compliance and policy requirements
- Suggest and work with teams to develop a hybrid solution using vendor and cloud products which support SD-WAN and application/network security, CASB, DLP, etc.)
- Design and work with architecture teams to develop proof of concept to secure resources and audit access to be compliant
- Develop guiding principles for next gen/modernization initiatives to operate in hybrid architectures
- Work with multiple vendors to identify and evaluate various next gen firewalls, SDN’s, CASB solutions
- Evaluate multiple vendors that provide solutions for threat protection and detection for an organization
To apply to this position, please click here to apply through ADP.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required for this role; however our customer has a residency requirement for all non-US Citizens that states, “All non-US Citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 3 years, consecutively in order to pass the necessary background investigation.” All applicants will be subject to a background investigation and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is an award winning CMMI Level 3 and ISO accredited professional services organization with a proven track record of providing technology and engineering solutions to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides leading edge of innovative technology solutions to solve customer’s complex business problems. We build long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC has been featured in a Harvard Business School Case Study on the topic of innovation.
AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment, HSA, Flex Spending, 401k, and a 529 college savings plan). Medical, dental and vision benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AEEC invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by contacting Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300
Back to Careers