Senior Engineer SME
- Location: Alexandria, VA
- Area code: 571
- Tax Term: Full Time
- Pay rate: Negotiable
AEEC is currently seeking a Senior Engineer SME to support our prime Federal contract in Alexandria, VA. The Sr. Engineer SME position will provide Architecture, Engineering and Tier-4 level support of Client, to further the advancement of automation and virtualization of the existing enterprise’s infrastructure.
- Architect, Engineer & deploy automation & virtualization solutions
- Research & stay abreast of latest automation & virtualization technologies
- Support federal client with planning, design, configuration and implementation of technologies within the environment.
- Develop, implement and transition O&M plans and procedures
- Assist RHEV architecture, engineering and support activities
- Work with Federal Client to analyze new infrastructure technologies to include Cloud & Container technologies (e.g. Cloudforms, OpenStack, Docker, OpenShift, etc.)
- Assist with trend analysis, benchmarking analysis and reporting
- Develop documentation (e.g. requirements, compliance, SOPs, test results, audits, etc.)
- Ability to generate technical schematics
- Present technical overviews, demos and training activities for various levels of personnel
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required for this role; however our customer has a residency requirement for all non-US Citizens that states, “All non-US Citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 3 years, consecutively in order to pass the necessary background investigation.” All applicants will be subject to a background investigation and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
To apply to this position, please click here to apply through ADP.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is a professional services organization with a proven track record of providing IT, Engineering, Environmental, and Project Management services to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides customers with highly trained, professional resources while building long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC’s environmental expertise, developed over the last 15 years, has been refined to include green practices and technologies. With our IT capabilities, we are able to leverage AEEC green solutions across the entirety of an organization. AEEC is a minority, woman-owned business and is certified as a Minority Business Enterprise by the Virginia Minority Supplier Development Council.
AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment, dental and vision insurance coverage, HSA, Flex Spending, 401k, and a 529 college savings plan). Medical, vision, and dental benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AEEC invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by contacting Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300 or email@example.com.Back to Careers
Required Skills Include:
- Subject Matter Expert level hands-on experience in Architecture, Engineering and support of RHV, RHEV and RHEL environments (RHEL 6.0 -RHEL 7.5)
- 5+ years of hands-on engineering experience with Container Technologies (OpenShift, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes)
- 5+ years of hands-on engineering experience with Automation Technologies (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Military, Bachelors or Masters Degree, preferably in Computer Science or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proactive thinker – ability to understand implementation of new technology on an enterprise level.
- 7-10 years of experience providing engineering or system administration on Linux
- 3+ years of hands-on Python
- 2-5 years’ experience with Ceph & Gluster Storage
- Experience in networking, storage and Virtualization technologies
- Leadership skills – able to serve as primary POC for tech stack, major migration/upgrade activities.
- Strong inter-personal skills and user-friendly written and verbal communications
- Experience working independently and in a collaborative development team environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize projects including infrastructure upgrades
- Ability to evaluate, recommend & implement new technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities
- Ability to pass a federal government background investigation
Desired Skills include:
- Diverse technology experience (across infrastructure, operating systems and application platforms)
- Strong understanding of diverse open source technologies
- Strong understanding of Cloud computing
- Strong understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Satellite, IDM and CloudForms
- Understanding of automation technologies such as Puppet and Ansible.
- Understanding of access technologies such as LDAP and Kerberos
- Experience using KVM or other Linux based virtualization tools
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of backup and recovery systems
- Experience developing and managing Automation Tools
- Strong scripting skills for automation of routine tasks
- Hands-on experience with APIs, REST, JSON, NoSQL
- Development & scripting skills