Senior Machine Learning Engineer
AEEC is seeking a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our team responsible for software development of machine learning solutions. Our team is growing and we are looking for a new team member to build a machine learning solution together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of engineers, scientists, and subject domain experts in building adaptive solutions.
In this role the candidate will partner with stakeholders, managers, engineers, and scientists to tackle machine learning problems using AI technology, perform experiments, and optimize the solutions. The candidate will be responsible for designing and maintaining machine/deep/reinforcement learning models and trying to optimize/customize them for new applications, developing production-ready software with scalable, fast and efficient algorithms, collecting data, performing data preprocessing, and defining performance indicators.
- MSc or higher in computer science, statistics, mathematics, physical science, engineering, or a comparable related technical field
- Develop highly scalable tools leveraging machine learning models to solve problems such as classification, detection, clustering, topic modeling, natural language processing and recommendation
- Research and implement deep learning, machine learning and statistical approaches to solve business problems
- Build models and present results to technical and non-technical business users
- Develop scalable data processing pipelines for analytical and predictive platform services
- Collaborate with other AI scientists and machine learning engineers to find effective solutions to technical challenges
- Provide recommendations, guidance and options to support AEEC’s AI/ML development roadmap
- Work closely with AI/ML engineers to build, test, deploy and troubleshoot machine learning/algorithm-based software
To apply to this position, please click here to apply through ADP.
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required for this role; however our customer has a residency requirement for all non-US Citizens that states, “All non-US Citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 3 years, consecutively in order to pass the necessary background investigation.” All applicants will be subject to a background investigation and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is an award winning CMMI Level 3 and ISO accredited professional services organization with a proven track record of providing technology and engineering solutions to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides leading edge of innovative technology solutions to solve customer’s complex business problems. We build long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC has been featured in a Harvard Business School Case Study on the topic of innovation.
AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment, dental and vision insurance coverage, HSA, Flex Spending, 401k, and a 529 college savings plan). Medical, vision, and dental benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300 or email@example.com.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AEEC invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by contacting Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Careers
- Strong computer science fundamentals, debugging skills and knowledge of algorithms
- Be able to develop significant code bases and integrate new libraries and frameworks into work
- Excellent foundation and demonstrable experience in recommendations and information retrieval algorithms
- Excellent coding abilities in Python and C/C++
- Be able to prototype products for ideating and testing
- Possess strong writing, data visualization and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to senior leaders and stakeholders
- Good understanding of foundational statistics concepts and algorithms: linear/logistic regression, random forest, boosting, Neural Networks, etc.
- Ability to access, manage, transfer, integrate and analyze complex datasets, especially using SQL or map-reduce techniques
- Familiarity with libraries such as SparkML, Tensorflow, scikit-learn, or others
- Broad understanding of the technologies and capabilities of Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Familiarity with style-transfer learning, unsupervised learning, training sets, and inference models
- Experience developing, training, and evaluating deep-learning models using public deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, and Keras)
- Experience in deep networks (CNN, DBN, RNN, LSTM, DCN) or reinforcement learning (RL)
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms and principles
- Experience with open source vision packages such as OpenCV
- Experience with large data sets
- Exposure to GPU technology and CUDA programming
- Ability to produce quantitative analysis benchmarking the performance of machine and deep learning algorithms/approaches against state-of-the-practice methods
- Experience with neural network design and implementation including, but not limited to, deep neural networks
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills