Senior Full Stack Developer SME
AEEC is seeking a Senior Full Stack Developer SME to support our federal client in Alexandria, VA. Our team is growing and we are looking for additional team members to build a solution together with our highly multi-disciplinary team of architects, engineers, scientists, and subject domain experts.
In this role the candidate will partner with product owners, stakeholders, architects, engineers, and scientists to tackle problems using the latest innovative technologies, perform experiments, and optimize our solutions. The candidate will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining multi-tiered real time applications.
- Must be a self-starter and be able work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
- Involved in designing, implementing, and deploying applications
- Full stack development across the back-end and UI
- Building automated unit and integration tests
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative agile environment
- Work closely with engineers and solution architects
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
To apply to this position, please click here to apply through ADP.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is an award winning CMMI Level 3 and ISO accredited professional services organization with a proven track record of providing technology and engineering solutions to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides leading edge of innovative technology solutions to solve customer’s complex business problems. We build long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC has been featured in a Harvard Business School Case Study on the topic of innovation.
AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment, HSA, Flex Spending, 401k, and a 529 college savings plan). Medical, dental and vision benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AEEC invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by contacting Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300
Back to Careers
- Full Stack Developer with 8 to 10+ years of hands-on experience in full stack development, including understanding UI frameworks and back-end architecture interactions.
- Excellent coding abilities in Java
- Experience in at least one language (Python/NodeJS preferred)
- Possess strong writing, data visualization and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to senior leaders and stakeholders
- Experience in Web development, Angular, Java script/Typescript, Bootstrap, CSS, HTML 5 and visualization packages like D3JS, plotly etc.
- Strong expertise in databases (RDMS, NOSQL, big data)
- Strong analytical ability, working independently with business users to understand the requirements and translate into technical design
- Experience in building RESTful APIs
- Experience with application integration
- Knowledge of application servers and Linux-based application hosts
- Experience in designing and deploying applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong experience in version control using Git
- Experience in using OAuth2/OIDC
- Be able to develop significant code bases and integrate new libraries and frameworks into work
- Be able to prototype products for ideating and testing
- Experience with containers (Docker, OpenShift) is additional plus
- Experience using Maven and Jenkins for CI/CD
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology