Senior F5 Network Engineer
- Location: Alexandria, VA
- Area code: 571
- Tax Term: Full Time
- Pay rate: Negotiable
AEEC is currently seeking a Senior F5 Network Engineer to support our Federal customer in Alexandria, VA.
The selected candidate will:
- Perform F5 Engineering as well as implementation.
- Primarily work normal business hours but will be required to work on call hours in a rotating schedule with other members of the team.
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required. Applicant must have valid working authorization and must meet our Federal customer’s residency requirement: all non-US citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 2 years consecutively. All applicants will be required to submit a background investigation application prior to beginning work and must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496). If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact our HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-766-4300.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Back to Careers
- At least 5 years of F5 LTM Engineering and Architecture experience
- Experience with LTM 12.x (VIPs, Pools, Monitors, iRules, Persistence, Advanced Health Checks, SSL termination methods)
- Proven ability to design and edit iRules
- Strong fluency with TMSH and Bash
- Ability to generate reports using TMSH commands.
- Experience with F5 tcpdump and Wireshark analysis, ssldump, curl, TCP traceroute
- DNS, IPv4 and IPv6 comprehension
- Network protocols and concepts
- Experience with troubleshooting SSL protocols and cyphers
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- 5+ Years of F5 LTM and GTM experience.