Senior Database Management Specialist
AEEC is currently seeking a Database Management Specialist (Senior) to support our prime Federal contract in Alexandria, VA. The Database Management Specialist shall provide services including: requirements analysis, data modeling, DB design, DB implementation, and optimization. The individual in this role shall support the project which focuses on improvement of the PTAB business processes to include the automation of multiple manual processes as prioritized by PTAB that support the PTAB process workflows which are currently handled outside of PTAB E2E.
To apply to this position, please click here to apply through ADP.
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required for this role; however our customer has a residency requirement for all non-US Citizens that states, “All non-US Citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 3 years, consecutively in order to pass the necessary background investigation.” All applicants will be subject to a background investigation and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is an award winning CMMI Level 3 and ISO accredited professional services organization with a proven track record of providing technology and engineering solutions to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides leading edge of innovative technology solutions to solve customer’s complex business problems. We build long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC has been featured in a Harvard Business School Case Study on the topic of innovation.
AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment, dental and vision insurance coverage, Flex Spending, 401K, and a 529 college savings plan). Medical, vision, and dental benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300 or email@example.com.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AEEC invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by contacting Kim Hartley at 703-766-430Back to Careers
- Data modeling, including reverse and forward engineering
- DB Design: Relational DB Management System along with Data Warehouse, and Data Mart
- Data Modeling Tools: IBM InfoSphere Data Architect and Embarcadero’s E/R Studio
- Oracle, XML Amazon RDS
- Ability to analyze data sources
- SQL and PL/SQL
- Microsoft (MS) Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
- Application DB Administration (DBA) Skills (mandatory):
- Implement and maintain the physical DB design.
- Create DB objects (tables, indexes, etc.).
- Write DB procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Assist developers with development DB activities.
- Perform DB tuning and performance monitoring.
- Monitor application related jobs and data replication activities.
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures in the development environment.
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).
- Excellent communication skills (e.g., excellent written and verbal communication skills acquired via customer service work).
- Excellent verbal communication skills includes ability to establish a professional rapport with customers; be a good listener and obtain required information; see things from another person’s perspective; express knowledge in a clear, simple manner; explain technical matters to non-technical people; and be able to uphold the interests of the data quality program and convince others by making valid and relevant points in a professional manner.
- Excellent written communication skills includes ensuring text is accurate and is expressed in clear, straightforward manner.
- Java based technology Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) tools: Hibernate, iBATIS, and Java Persistence API (JPA).
- Experience with PEGA Systems Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) to support Workflow, Case Management, and Rule’s Engine.
- TOAD for MySQL and Oracle.