Senior Data Scientist
- Location: Alexandria, VA
- Area code: 571
- Tax Term: Full Time
- Pay rate: Negotiable
AEEC is currently seeking a Senior Data Scientist to support our direct federal client in Alexandria, VA.
This is a senior role that will determine data requirements, providing structure for raw data, extracting and manipulating data, creating new variables, conducting analysis, and determining conclusions based on predictive and statistical analysis.
The selected candidate for this position will:
- Provide predicative and statistical analysis of data retrieved from “Hadoop” which will ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions.
- Analyze source system data and data flows, working with structured and unstructured data
- Manipulate high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends
- Propose analytic strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of the working team
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required. Applicant must have valid working authorization and must meet our Federal customer’s residency requirement: all non-US citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 2 years consecutively. All applicants will be required to submit a background investigation application prior to beginning work and must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496). If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact our HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-766-4300.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Back to Careers
Required skills include:
- Statistical analysis expertise
- Data modeling, including reverse and forward engineering
- Database Design: RDMS along with Data Warehouse, Data Mart and Data Mining
- Data Modeling Tools experience
- Hadoop frameworks such as Hive, Spark
- Experience with Python, R, SQL
- Extensive experience in UNIX/Linux
- Ability to create structured problem statements and conceptualize potential solutions from rough client specifications and information
- Detailed knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling concepts and disciplines
- Knowledge of industry-leading practices
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Strong listening and communications skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely explain complex problems and technologies to non-expert and executive audiences).
- Excellent Written Communication Skills includes ensuring that text is accurate and is expressed in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 15+ years’ experience
- Candidates must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Demonstrated experience with Machine Language
- MS SQL Server
- IBM Data Quality tool
- TOAD for Data Analyst
- Ability to fine tune SQL for performance