Senior Data Management Subject Matter Expert
- Requirements Analysis (functional, non-functional, and reporting)
- Facilitate data modeling sessions
- Review architectural artifacts
- Create and/or refine architectural artifacts
- Develop prototype data architectural solutions
- Perform verification of production database structure after deployment
- Ensure efficient database interactions
- Maintain the Data Model Tools (ER/Studio)
- Maintain Baseline Data Model(s)
- Maintain Agency-Wide data architecture policies, standards, and procedures.
- Ensure stability of data integrity for refactored and decomposed/ decoupled application components
- Assess application cloud implementation readiness, from a data perspective
- Provide technical Data Management Advice
AEEC is seeking a Senior Data Management Subject Matter Expert (at least 5 years of experience), skilled in methods and best practices for Enterprise & Application Data Architecture; Data Analysis; Database Design, Development, and Delivery in an Agile environment. The ideal candidate is an expert relational database architect/analyst/designer, with significant experience working within various architecture frameworks and is capable of translating that experience into customer benefit.
To apply to this position, please click here to apply through ADP.
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required for this role; however our customer has a residency requirement for all non-US Citizens that states, “All non-US Citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 2 years, consecutively in order to pass the necessary background investigation.” All applicants will be subject to a background investigation and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is an award winning CMMI Level 3 and ISO accredited professional services organization with a proven track record of providing technology and engineering solutions to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides leading edge of innovative technology solutions to solve customer’s complex business problems. We build long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC has been featured in a Harvard Business School Case Study on the topic of innovation.
AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment, dental and vision insurance coverage, Flex Spending, 401K, and a 529 college savings plan). Medical, vision, and dental benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AEEC invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by contacting Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300.
Back to Careers
- Data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical Data Models (5 Yrs)
- Relational Database Design expertise (Design for Optimal Implementation) (5 Yrs)
- Extensive expertise in the use of ER/Studio Use & Management (5 Yrs)
- Oracle and MySQL (5 Yrs)
- Data Analysis Methods and Best Practices (5 Yrs)
- Requirements Analysis ( 5 Yrs)
- Database Design Review/ Assessment (5 Yrs)
- SQL, PL/SQL, DDL (5 Yrs)
- Familiarity with the following: (2 Yrs)
- Agile Data Architecture Practices
- In-Memory Data Store Data Architecture for API Mediation
- Modernizing Application Architecture Practices
- Mesh App and Service Architecture (MASA)
- Cloud Native Application Architecture
- Micro-services Architecture
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas, regardless of the technical capacity of the audience
- NoSQL: column-oriented database design (e.g., Cassandra or HBase)
- Java based technology Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) tools: Hibernate, iBATIS, and Java Persistence API (JPA)
- TOAD for Oracle and MySQL
- Continuous Delivery for Database Design delivery
- Event Driven Architecture
- Application DBA
- PEGA Systems Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) to support Workflow, Case Management, and Rule’s Engine
- Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF)