Senior Amazon Web Services (AWS) Developer Subject Matter Expert (SME)
AEEC is seeking a Senior Amazon Web Services (AWS) Developer Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support our federal customer in building innovative cloud solutions together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of architects, engineers, and subject domain experts.
In this role the candidate will work directly with our clients on the development and implementation of the targeted solutions needed to meet and exceed the product requirements.
- AWS Developer who is hands on with AWS DevOps and with Application Development experience
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud Security and Services
- AWS Hands-on Development experience:
- Developing CloudFormation scripts
- IAM Roles Management
- Python/NodeJS – for Lambda development
- Configuring API Gateway
- Ability to assist clients with analyzing technical requirements, evaluating vendor solutions, assisting with architecture and design, and testing of cloud and data security solutions
- Ability to advise clients in understanding the future state problems and challenges in cyber security and work collaboratively with them to enhance capabilities
- Thought leadership capabilities in client organizations
- Technical subject matter specialist
- Application development and downstream integration experience
- Cloud Storage Security experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology or related field or significant industry work experience
- AWS Certified Developer or Solutions Architect (Associate/Professional) is a plus
- Self-starter and be able to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic, and agile team environment
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
To apply to the position, please click here to apply through ADP.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required for this role; however our customer has a residency requirement for all non-US Citizens that states, “All non-US Citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 3 years, consecutively in order to pass the necessary background investigation.” All applicants will be subject to a background investigation and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is an award winning CMMI Level 3 and ISO accredited professional services organization with a proven track record of providing technology and engineering solutions to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides leading edge of innovative technology solutions to solve customer’s complex business problems. We build long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC has been featured in a Harvard Business School Case Study on the topic of innovation.
AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment, HSA, Flex Spending, 401k, and a 529 college savings plan). Medical, dental and vision benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AEEC invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by contacting Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300Back to Careers
- Work directly with customer and various product/application teams to gather and analyze requirements
- Perform hands on development of cloud formation scripts, lambda functions, python, nodejs, and other cloud services
- Perform IAM role management and configuration of API Gateway, and other related and required AWS services
- Evaluate and test vendor solutions, assisting with architecture & design, and implementation
- Develop prototypes or proofs of concept as required by the government customers
- Suggest and develop new solutions as necessary
- Suggest and work with application teams to develop solutions using vendor and cloud products