AEEC is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to support our Corporate Headquarters in Reston, VA.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- General ledger, financial statements, project financial reporting and overall accounting system
- Supporting annual financial statement audits, as well as Government audits as required
- Processes and reviews daily, weekly & monthly accounting transactions
- Processes for specific contract billings and program control reports – weekly/bi-weekly and monthly
- Support for month-end closing cycle including monthly general journal entries.
- Ensure understanding and management of contracts
- Maintain compliance to the contracts
- Ensure alignment with the Project Management team on Project contract administration needs, objectives and requirements
- Act as a liaison and coordinator amongst key stakeholders
- Ensure communications between Company and contractors are consistent with terms and conditions in agreements
- Manage contract milestone activities, and close-out activities, ensure orderly turnover of Project
To apply to the position, please click here to apply through ADP.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is an award winning CMMI Level 3 and ISO accredited professional services organization with a proven track record of providing technology and engineering solutions to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides leading edge of innovative technology solutions to solve customer’s complex business problems. We build long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC has been featured in a Harvard Business School Case Study on the topic of innovation.
AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment, HSA, Flex Spending, 401k, and a 529 college savings plan). Medical, dental and vision benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AEEC invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by contacting Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300.Back to Careers
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP, FAR & Government Contract accounting concepts and principals
- Five or more years of experience with the following:
- Government contractor accounting
- Experience with supporting year-end audits
- Experience with full accounting system closes
- Experience with contract billing & program control reporting
- Experience in a contract management role
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- Two or more years’ experience with Public Accounting firm and accounting system conversions are preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite – proficient with Microsoft Excel (such as utilizing Pivot Tables)
- CPA candidate or License is preferred
- Experience (more than 2 years) with Microsoft Dynamics – NAV (Accounting Software)