- Location: Silver Spring, MD
- Area code: 301
- Tax Term: Full Time
- Pay rate: Negotiable
AEEC is currently seeking a Scientific Developer to support our Federal contract in Silver Spring, MD. This position is funded through September 30, 2018, but may be extended.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare publications regarding the implementation of the High-performance Integrated Virtual Environment (HIVE): a robust infrastructure for Next-Generation Sequence Data Analysis platform
- Develop scientific and genomic algorithms using C++ and/or Python
- Coordinate scientific efforts by providing data and meta data analysis, interpretation of findings, production of appropriate visualizations and publication writing and submissions
- Participate in agency’s efforts for NGS data and metadata standardization, bioinformatics algorithmic validations, and platform harmonization
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required. Applicant must have valid working authorization and must meet our Federal customer’s residency requirement: all non-US citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 2 years consecutively. All applicants will be required to submit a background investigation application prior to beginning work and must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496). If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact our HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-766-4300.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Back to Careers
Required Skills Include:
- 3-5 year's development experience in Python/C/C++ in Linux environment.
- Ability to work with key owners and stakeholders to document requirements
- Masters of Science in Computer Science is required
Preferred Skills include:
- Experience with scientific and genomics algorithms is a plus