- Location: Alexandria, VA
- Area code: 571
- Tax Term: Full Time
- Pay rate: Negotiable
AEEC is currently seeking a Ruby SME to support our prime Federal contract in Alexandria, VA.
This SME will be responsible for building and maintaining Ruby for Red Hat CloudForms and ManageIQ code. Primary responsibilities will be to design and develop Cloud Infrastructure applications in conjunction with more junior Ruby developers, contribute to the ManageIQ Open Source Project, and to coordinate with the rest of the System Engineering/Administration team working on different layers of the internal cloud infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential.
Specific tasks for this role include:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Design and develop these Cloud Infrastructure applications in conjunction with more junior Ruby developers
- Coordinate with the rest of the System Engineering/Administration team working on different layers of the internal cloud infrastructure
- Contribute to the ManageIQ Open Source Project
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required. Applicant must have valid working authorization and must meet our Federal customer’s residency requirement: all non-US citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 2 years consecutively. All applicants will be required to submit a background investigation application prior to beginning work and must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
To apply to this position, please send a copy of your resume referencing this job title to email@example.com
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496). If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact our HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-766-4300.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Back to Careers
Required Skills Include:
- Master Ruby programmer
- Ability think in blocks,
- Familiarity with Ruby Rails – this is not a Ruby Rails position
- Expert ability to write clean, correct, well-tested, performant, idiomatic Ruby code.
- Excellent understanding of Ruby syntax and its nuances
- Ability to drive hard technical conversations towards a good solution.
- Provide technical drive for ManageIQ
- Engage with the community to find and address the most important challenges.
- Solid experience with widely used frameworks and libraries like ActiveRecord.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of functional programming style in Ruby
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC
- Expert skills writing reusable Ruby libraries that may be used in expressive ways
- Knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases
- Experience with using Ruby and RESTful API's
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests, TDD
- Thorough understanding of Git
- Familiarity with Rake
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Worked in a RHEL environment – this is a RHEL shop.