- Location: Alexandria, VA
- Area code: 571
- Tax Term: Full Time
- Pay rate: Negotiable
AEEC is currently seeking a Program Manager to support our prime Federal contract in Alexandria, VA.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager who has managed similarly scoped contract with similar organizational impacts and tasking environment. The Program Manager will provide strategic guidance to teams and task order managers in ways that promote the company’s culture and will also oversee the progress of operations.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience in managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. They will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics.
The Program Manager will establish regular status meeting times with Client’s management and stakeholders. The status meetings will be used to review project plans, status of deliverables and issues.
The goal is to ensure that all programs deliver the desirable outcome to our organization.
Specific tasks for this role include:
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Coordinate cross-project activities
- Respond to Client’s Task Order Request for Proposal
- Lead and evaluate task order and other staff
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Assume responsibility for the program’s people and vendors
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues
- Prepare reports for Monthly Program Reviews
- Revenue Growth through New Business and growing the current Program
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required. Applicant must have valid working authorization and must meet our Federal customer’s residency requirement: all non-US citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 2 years consecutively. All applicants will be required to submit a background investigation application prior to beginning work and must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
To apply to this position, please send a copy of your resume referencing this job title to firstname.lastname@example.org
While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496). If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact our HR Department at email@example.com or 703-766-4300.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Back to Careers
Required Skills Include:
- Proven experience as a Program Manager on large scale Program
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques, processes and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software (MS Project etc.) is a strong advantage
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- BS/BA Degree
- PMP Certification
- 15 years of experience, 10 years at management level