Principal Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Scientist
We are seeking a Principal Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Scientist with neural networks deep learning experience who will lead a small team of AI scientists in solving AI problems and advancing AI techniques, science and research agendas of AI in one or more areas. The candidate will be responsible for leading and participating in the design, optimization, validation, and maintenance of large-scale machine learning (ML) models specific to AEEC’s use case. This involves data manipulation, data visualization, and programming. The candidate will also be expected to communicate the results of the analyses across different groups.
The candidate must have a consistent track record of successfully architecting and building highly available, low latency systems for high traffic applications, building machine learning and computer vision applications, a deep understanding of common families of models, feature engineering, feature selection and other practical machine learning and computer vision techniques. The candidate must also have a vision and experience to make end-to-end Machine Learning solutions, proven experience working in an environment building and shipping early-stage technologies, and foster a collaborative environment and bring fun to work.
- Provide technical leadership in the execution of AEEC’s AI projects
- Lead a small team of AI scientists in solving AI problems and advancing AI techniques, science and research agendas of AI in one or more areas
- Lead and drive architecting and coding of AI algorithms, Machine Learning architectures and pipelines, for building ML/DL capabilities delivered in an AI platform including training, evaluation and management of AI models
- Direct the technical leadership of one or more AI projects through Pilot phases
- Maintain expert knowledge in state-of-the-art AI, ML and Deep Learning approaches
- Actively engage with the AI community and the broader academic community
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the offerings of major AI vendors and technologies
- Build end-to-end machine learning systems – consistent model training, evaluation, deployment and delivery for batch, streaming or real time use
- Be hands-on in technical feature development, design and code-reviews, prototyping
- Work collaboratively with AI Engineers and Applied Scientists to design and implement the team’s technical vision
To apply to this position, please click here to apply through ADP.
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required for this role; however our customer has a residency requirement for all non-US Citizens that states, “All non-US Citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 3 years, consecutively in order to pass the necessary background investigation.” All applicants will be subject to a background investigation and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is an award winning CMMI Level 3 and ISO accredited professional services organization with a proven track record of providing technology and engineering solutions to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides leading edge of innovative technology solutions to solve customer’s complex business problems. We build long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC has been featured in a Harvard Business School Case Study on the topic of innovation.
AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment, dental and vision insurance coverage, HSA, Flex Spending, 401k and a 529 college savings plan). Medical, vision, and dental benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300 or email@example.com.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AEEC invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by contacting Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Careers
- Minimum of 10 years work experience with relevant AI, DL, and ML design and build experience
- Experience in the lifecycle of enterprise-class software development
- Expertise and experience in Machine Learning technologies (TensorFlow, Keras, etc.)
- Team leadership skills
- Strong Python programming skills
- Experience conducting machine learning/statistical experiments and manipulating data sets
- Deep understanding and experience of machine learning, and deep learning theory, algorithms, approaches and practice, including probabilistic and statistical learning, graphical models, machine perception, machine comprehension, neural networks, deep learning, computer vision and other machine learning areas
- Hands on and strong programming experience in one or more of the leading AI, machine learning and deep learning open source libraries
- Strong proficiency with computer vision, natural language processing and deep learning
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms and principles
- Expertise and experience in using or developing AI and machine learning algorithms, such as supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning and others, to solve applied problems in various disciplines
- Experience developing, training, and evaluating deep-learning models using deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, and Keras)
- Experience with open source vision packages such as OpenCV
- Familiarity with CUDA and GPU computing
- Strong proficiency with Python, C/C++
- Ph.D. in a quantitative science: Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or relevant program with major in AI, Machine Learning, or Computational Linguistics
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Recognized expertise in artificial intelligence and machine learning applications as evidenced by relevant publications or awards
- Track record of research excellence and high quality publications