Part-Time HR/BD Administrator
AEEC is currently seeking a Part-Time HR/BD Administrator (10-20 hours per week) immediately to support our Human Resources/Business Development/Proposal departments at our Corporate Headquarters in Reston, VA.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
Human Resource Functions
- Perform administrative work, including scheduling and maintaining files for the Human Resources department
- Enter employment data into computer database
- Assist HR with the hiring process, including submitting job postings online and scheduling candidate interviews
- Coordinate logistics for new hire orientations and employee training sessions
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Business Development/Proposal Functions
- Strong knowledge of developing proposals in response to Federal Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFI), etc.
- Proven track record in understanding the proposal capture process of the Federal Government.
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFARS and other Government Procurement regulations as they pertain to the RFP process.
- Graphic designer a plus.
To apply to this position, please click here to apply through ADP.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is an award winning CMMI Level 3 and ISO accredited professional services organization with a proven track record of providing technology and engineering solutions to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides leading edge of innovative technology solutions to solve customer’s complex business problems. We build long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC has been featured in a Harvard Business School Case Study on the topic of innovation.
AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment, dental and vision insurance coverage, Flex Spending, 401K, and a 529 college savings plan). Medical, vision, and dental benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AEEC invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by contacting Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300.
Back to Careers
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- SHRM Certification
- At least three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Interview subject-matter experts to understand the processes, technologies, business needs, and other contextual details of a subject-matter domain and to elicit the appropriate technical information to compose high-quality technical write-ups
- Evaluate technical sections - text, layout, graphics, etc. - for storytelling quality, consistency, coherence, clarity, and compliance with technical requirements and for alignment with solutions and themes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with SharePoint