Mid-Level Proposal Writer
AEEC is currently seeking a Mid-Level Proposal Writer in our Corporate Office in Reston, VA.
The Proposal Writer will be responsible for developing high-quality technical proposal write-ups for AEEC’s Strategic Capture Team working under the EVP of Strategic Capture. The Proposal Writer will write proposal responses, lead and manage the proposal development process; schedule and ensure that the proposal is compliant, compelling, and persuasive in accordance with the solicitation and all referenced documents
This position has overall responsibility for coordinating the development of management, technical, past performance, or cost volumes of Federal and State RFPs, including the development of content for oral presentations and a variety of proposal artifacts as required. Proposal Writer will ensure that each section of the Proposal is fully compliant, and that the volume incorporates overall response win themes and adheres to established stylistic conventions.
To apply to this position through ADP, please click here
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is an award winning CMMI Level 3 and ISO accredited professional services organization with a proven track record of providing technology and engineering solutions to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides leading edge of innovative technology solutions to solve customer’s complex business problems. We build long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC has been featured in a Harvard Business School Case Study on the topic of innovation.
AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment, HSA, Flex Spending, 401k, and a 529 college savings plan). Medical, dental and vision benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AEEC invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by contacting Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300.Back to Careers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience of technical proposal writing in federal proposal process, contracts, bids.
- Strong knowledge of developing proposals in response to Federal Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFI) etc.
- Proven track record in understanding the proposal capture process of Federal Government.
- Experience with SharePoint
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFARS and other Government Procurement regulations as they pertain to the RFP process.
- Ability to think strategically and be detail oriented
- The ability to articulate verbally and in writing highly complex technical solutions in understandable terms, proposals, schedules and project plans
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project to create, edit and produce documents and supporting artifacts
- Strong Skills in formatting documents in Word/PowerPoint
- Able to work on multiple proposals and tasks in parallel.
- Outstanding organization and planning skills.
- Skilled in self-management, balancing competing priorities, and working against multiple deadlines.
- Strong project management skills - planning, execution, issue resolution, and control.
- Formal training in structured proposal development
- Graphic designer a plus
- Analyze the technical requirements of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotes (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and Sources Sought Notices (SSNs).
- Conceptualize, write, and review compelling documents while maintaining compliance with technical requirements, including past performance documentation, capabilities descriptions, and management and project plans
- Conceptualize at a high level; review and integrate visually appealing, informative technical graphics and illustrations
- Interview subject-matter experts to understand the processes, technologies, business needs, and other contextual details of a subject-matter domain and to elicit the appropriate technical information to compose high-quality technical write-ups
- Evaluate technical sections - text, layout, graphics, etc. - for storytelling quality, consistency, coherence, clarity, and compliance with technical requirements and for alignment with solutions and themes