DevOps/Continuous Build Engineer
AEEC is currently seeking a DevOps/Continuous Build Engineer to support our prime Federal contract in Alexandria, VA. The candidate will provide expertise in continuous building, in support of Next Gen project efforts. The individual in this critical role shall analyze, develop, and enhance the services required for the continuous build environment; and, Develop release and deployment reengineering process to comply with Agile development method using Subversion for version control, Jenkins for continuous integration, automatic software builds, tests, deployments, Nexus to manage the build dependencies and Sonar to monitor and manage code quality.
To apply to this position, please click here to apply through ADP.
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required for this role; however our customer has a residency requirement for all non-US Citizens that states, “All non-US Citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 3 years, consecutively in order to pass the necessary background investigation.” All applicants will be subject to a background investigation and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is an award winning CMMI Level 3 and ISO accredited professional services organization with a proven track record of providing technology and engineering solutions to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides leading edge of innovative technology solutions to solve customer’s complex business problems. We build long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC has been featured in a Harvard Business School Case Study on the topic of innovation.
AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment, dental and vision insurance coverage, Flex Spending, 401K, and a 529 college savings plan). Medical, vision, and dental benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300 or email@example.com.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AEEC invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by contacting Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Careers
- Standard SDLC activities including Requirements Analysis, Design, and Development
- Agile software development frameworks such as Scrum or eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Designing, developing, and deploying web applications and Web services using technologies including JBoss Service Oriented Architecture Platform(SOA-P) 5.1x and 6.1.x, JBoss Application Server, JBoss Rel 6 and 7, Hibernate, JBoss Developer Studio and Apache Tomcat.
- Designing, developing, and deploying RESTful Web services
- Using configuration management tools including Apache Subversion
- Using automated build management tools including Apache Maven and IBM Build Forge
- Working with database management systems including Oracle 10g/11g, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server
- Designing and maintaining well-organized source code repositories (as defined in the System Development Life Cycle) for complex software development efforts involving multiple teams working on different stages of application maintenance and new features
- Configuration and using SCM Manager/SVN, Canary: SonarQube, Nexus PRO, Redhat JBoss, CloudBees, Appdynamics and Splunk.
- Experience with designing, developing, and deploying Rich Internet Applications (RIA) using technologies including, but not limited to, Sencha Ext JS, Google Closure, and YUI Library
- Experience with designing, developing, and deploying WSDL-based web services
- Experience with designing, developing, and deploying applications on physical and virtual servers running under operating systems including, but not limited to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Windows Server, and HP-UX
- Experience using CA Agile Central, formerly Rally, for user story management and project development process tool