- Location: Alexandria, VA
- Area code: 571
- Tax Term: Full Time
- Pay rate: Negotiable
AEEC is currently seeking a Data Modeler/Architect to support our prime Federal contract in Alexandria, VA. This is a multi-project position, working within the client’s Enterprise Data Architecture Division (EDAD). Data architecture support services include requirements analysis, data modeling, DB design, DB implementation, optimization and support to implement Exploring Search Technologies.
- Calculate Storage Estimates
- Creation of System Design Document (SDD) Data Architecture Sections
- Data Access and Modification Requirements
- Data Migration Strategy and Source to Target Mapping
- Data Modeling and Database Design
- Database Design and Requirements Analysis Support
- Database Design, Review, and Generation of DDL and DML
- Develop and Test Triggers, Stored Procedures, and Views
- Education on Proper Usage of Data Structures
- Efficient SQL and Optimal Database Design
- Enhance Database Performance
- Facilitate Data Modeling Sessions
- Manage Database Storage Structures
- Provide Additional Analytical Support
- Refine Existing Data Model
- Requirements Analysis
- Review and Tune Performance
- Technical Advice and Documentation
- To-Be Database Design
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required for this role; however our customer has a residency requirement for all non-US Citizens that states, “All non-US Citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 3 years, consecutively in order to pass the necessary background investigation.” All applicants will be subject to a background investigation and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
To apply to this position, please click here to apply through ADP.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496). If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact our HR Department at email@example.com or 703-766-4300.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to Careers
Required Skills Include:
- Data Analysis & Requirements Capture
- Data modeling, including reverse and forward engineering.
- DB Design: Relational DB Management System
- DBMS: Oracle, MySQL
- Embarcadero/ IDERA - E/R Studio.
- Ability to analyze data sources
- SQL and PL/SQL
- Create Database Objects (tables, indexes, etc.)
- Write DB procedures, functions, and triggers
- Excellent communication skills (e.g., excellent written and verbal communication skills acquired via customer service work)
- Assist developers with development DB activities
- Perform DB tuning and performance monitoring
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
- MySQL Workbench
- Understand concepts of JSON and XML