Data Architect (OC 2.0 Phase 1 Project)
AEEC is currently seeking a Data Architect (OC 2.0 Phase 1 Project) to support our prime Federal contract in Alexandria, VA. The Sr. Architect SME position will provide expertise and technical support for data architecture services, at the direction and on behalf the USPTO Enterprise Data Architecture Division (EDAD). Services include; but, are not limited to: Analyzing functional, non-functional, reporting, data access, and data modification requirements; Ensuring the use of appropriate system(s) of record for shared or enterprise data; Conducting facilitated modeling session; Creating and/or modifying the data architecture section of the System Design Document; Planning for to-be database design implementation; Supporting data asset source-to-target mapping; Enhancing database performance; Calculating storage estimates; and, Analyzing relevant technical issues.
To apply to this position, please click here to apply through ADP.
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required for this role; however our customer has a residency requirement for all non-US Citizens that states, “All non-US Citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 3 years, consecutively in order to pass the necessary background investigation.” All applicants will be subject to a background investigation and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is an award winning CMMI Level 3 and ISO accredited professional services organization with a proven track record of providing technology and engineering solutions to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides leading edge of innovative technology solutions to solve customer’s complex business problems. We build long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC has been featured in a Harvard Business School Case Study on the topic of innovation.
AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment, dental and vision insurance coverage, HSA, Flex Spending, 401k, and a 529 college savings plan). Medical, vision, and dental benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300 or email@example.com.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AEEC invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by contacting Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Careers
- Customer Service (Adaptability, takes responsibility, patience, etc.) – Works effectively with strong or passive personalities
- Clear verbal communication – Clearly articulates complex thoughts and ideas, in large or small group settings
- Clear written communication – Draft clear, comprehensive technical documents (white papers, tech details, emails, etc.)
- Presentation – Develops and delivers/ presents (Informational & persuasive) presentation materials
- Facilitation – Effectively manages and conducts informational discussions/ working sessions
- Drives system integration from a data perspective
- Understand data integration concepts and best practices - 10 years
- Data Flow / Lineage analysis expertise – 10 years
- High-level / Conceptual data architecture artifacts and associated diagrams – 10 years
- Analyzing functional, non-functional, reporting, data access, and data modification requirements (50%);
- Ensuring the use of appropriate system(s) of record for shared or enterprise data (7.5%)
- Planning for to-be database design implementation (20%)
- Supporting data asset source-to-target mapping (20%)
- Weekly/Monthly activity report input (2.5%)
- Data Modeling – 10 years
- Data Analysis – 10 years
- ER/Studio – 3 years
- Oracle DBMS – 3 years
- MySQL DBMS – 3 years
- SQL and PL/SQL – 3 years
- XML – 3 years
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Access, PowerPoint, and Project).
- TOAD for Oracle
- Data warehouse and dimensional modeling