- Location: Baltimore, MD
- Area code: 410
- Tax Term: Full Time
- Pay rate: Negotiable
AEEC is currently seeking a Chief Architect for a proposal we’re putting together for a federal customer in Baltimore, MD that is due by the end of March. This will be a five year contract and this role will provide Leadership for a large project supporting the agency’s effort to develop a new cloud-based version of their data warehouse and data analytics system, as well as providing O&M, data integration support, user access management and overall security support, and audit support. Target start date will be late April/ early May.
Specific tasks for this role include:
- Establish system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of Enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems
- Design architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces
- Ensure that the common operating environment is compliant with the Agency enterprise architecture and applicable reference models
- Evaluate analytically and systematically problems of workflows, organization, and planning and develop appropriate corrective action.
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required. Applicant must have valid working authorization and must meet our Federal customer’s residency requirement: all non-US citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 2 years consecutively. All applicants will be required to submit a background investigation application prior to beginning work and must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
To apply to this position, please send a copy of your resume referencing this job title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496). If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact our HR Department at email@example.com or 703-766-4300.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Back to Careers
Required Skills Include:
- Experience designing data warehouse architecture in compliance with standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and ISO reference models, and profiles of standards - such as Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model
- Experience from the last 3-5 years as a chief architect (strongly preferred) or comparable role (i.e., senior data architect) at CMS
- 5+ years’ experience as a chief architect on federal projects of similar complexity in terms of high volume of data storage and critical security protections for sensitive data
- Experience with CMMI and ISO processes
- Agile and DevOps expertise, and experience implementing and using Agile and DevOps processes and best practices; experience with CMS tailored development lifecycle (XLC) preferred
- AWS expertise, experience supporting federal systems of comparable size and complexity on AWS cloud infrastructure
- Experience providing leadership and guidance on Big Data and Analytics projects, preferably for federal customers
- Strong familiarity with the following languages and tools:
- Java application development
- Apache open software
- Spark or equivalent
- Redshift (includes Spectrum), RDS, Aurora, or equivalent
- Dynamo DB or equivalent
- AWS, PaaS, SaaS, tools, experience
- Monitoring and Managing AWS