API Gateway Engineer
We are seeking an API Gateway Engineer to support our prime Federal contract in Alexandria, VA. As part of the USPTO OCIO goal to provide technical leadership, skills and solutions necessary to support Next Generation efforts, The USPTO RBAC initiative is a highly visible. The Sr. Architect SME position will assist the USPTO Role Based Access Control (RBAC) team by levering API gateway Engineering skill and experience for the integration of Next Generation and Legacy application information systems with USPTO’s RBAC capability, which is an implementation of Oracle IDM. Interact with a team of Oracle IDM SMEs focused upon the following activities: providing recommendations on implementation strategy; performing research, studies, and evaluations to improve the infrastructure; developing and maintain a framework for RBAC capability troubleshooting and resolution; developing and maintaining SOPs and CM procedures and guidance; implementing ORACLE IDM, API Gateway, and other component best practices where applicable; stabilizing the existing RBAC environment; managing service requests; providing reach back coverage for vendor product SR resolution; performing root cause analysis; developing migration and/ or corrective action strategies as appropriate; and providing support for outages as appropriate.
To apply to this position, please click here to apply through ADP.
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required for this role; however our customer has a residency requirement for all non-US Citizens that states, “All non-US Citizens must have lived and worked in the US for the last 3 years, consecutively in order to pass the necessary background investigation.” All applicants will be subject to a background investigation and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AEEC is a professional services organization with a proven track record of providing IT, Engineering, Environmental, and Project Management services to the commercial and federal market since 1995. AEEC provides customers with highly trained, professional resources while building long lasting business relationships based upon integrity, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and fully delivering commitments. AEEC possesses the fundamental IT and engineering skills needed to objectively evaluate problems and develop technically sound, cost effective solutions. AEEC’s environmental expertise, developed over the last 15 years, has been refined to include green practices and technologies. With our IT capabilities, we are able to leverage AEEC green solutions across the entirety of an organization. AEEC is a minority, woman-owned business and is certified as a Minority Business Enterprise by the Virginia Minority Supplier Development Council.
AEEC Values: Our customers and their missions come first. We want to add value to every engagement. We will demonstrate integrity and responsiveness in all of our business practices. Teamwork and respect for everyone.
AEEC Vision: To be the best partner to our customers and a great place to work and grow.
AEEC Mission: Our mission is our customers’ success. We strive to responsively solve our customers’ needs. Our current skills are IT and Engineering services.
Benefits: AEEC offers competitive wages with benefits (Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term/Long term disability dismemberment, dental and vision insurance coverage, HSA, Flex Spending, 401k, and a 529 college savings plan). Medical, vision, and dental benefits start the first of the month following start of full time employment.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496), and Executive Order 11246. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300 or email@example.com.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AEEC invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by contacting Kim Hartley at 703-766-4300 or firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to Careers
- Expertise in Layer7 API Gateway Architecture
- Expertise in problem identification, troubleshooting and resolution for Layer7API Gateway
- Expertise with digital transformation through Layer7 API Gateway Management and API Security
- Expertise in architecting solutions based on best practices
- Expertise in Role Based Access Control
- Expertise in Cyber threat prevention
- Expertise with engineering API security policies and configure API Management
- Expertise with deploying, configuring, tuning and monitoring Layer7 API Gateways
- Expertise with upgrading and maintaining the Layer7 API Gateway “product version currency” – keep the product current
- Works well in a team environment
- Customer Service (Adaptability, takes responsibility, patience, etc.) – Works effectively with strong or passive personalities
- Clear verbal communication – Clearly articulates complex thoughts and ideas, in large or small group settings
- Clear written communication – Draft clear, comprehensive technical documents (white papers, tech documentation, emails, etc.)
- Presentation – Develops and delivers/ presents (Informational & persuasive) presentation materials
- Architecting and implementing API Gateway solutions (60%)
- Research, studies, and evaluations to improve the infrastructure (10%)
- Troubleshooting and resolution (10%)
- Developing and maintaining SOPs and CM procedures and guidance (10%)
- Root cause analysis (10%)
- Expert in Oracle IDM installation & integration; the complete suite of related products, not just one or two components
- Expertise in monitoring and maintenance of client Oracle IDM environments (all of the following components - OAM, OAAM, OIM, OUD, ODSEE, BIP, Oracle DB, OIA, OIF, OEM)
- Deployment Automation